women and children is a justifiable action, says Col. David Hogg, commander
of the 2nd Brigade of the 4th Infantry Division when his troops picked up the
wife and daughter of an Iraqi lieutenant general. They left a note: “If you want
your family released, turn yourself in.” A quick glance at the href="http://www.globalissuesgroup.com/geneva/convention4.html">Geneva
Conventions and Protocols would suggest that this is illegal. “The ends
justifies the means” seems to be the current administration’s catchphrase, and I’m betting Col. Hogg gets a commendation, and not a court martial. I also posted this over at MetaFilter, where an interesting discussion has occurred and some additional links have been posted by other people.
- If it sounds like writing
- Writer’s Throwdown: Two Birds, One Stone
- I wasn’t high! Ok, I probably was, but I wasn’t as high as I thought I was!
- Writer’s Throwdown: Enchanted
- Writer’s Throwdown: Run, Rabbit, Run!
- XKCD says it best
- Writer’s Throwdown – Rip Steel: Charity Starts at Home
- Red Moon Rising
- Matilda Klein dances at 94
- Caine’s Arcade