Do you play Sony DRM-protected CD’s on your computer? If so, you might be wide open in terms of security. It seems that Sony is installing an almost-impossible to find rootkit on the computers of purchasers of their music. Their EULA doesn’t mention the fact that their “small, proprietary” program goes much too far, managing to bypass security software, firewalls, etc. You might want to do this, anyway. Upstairs Records (distributed by Universal Music) and EMI are also using the technology. Just so you know who to boycott.
- If it sounds like writing
- Writer’s Throwdown: Two Birds, One Stone
- I wasn’t high! Ok, I probably was, but I wasn’t as high as I thought I was!
- Writer’s Throwdown: Enchanted
- Writer’s Throwdown: Run, Rabbit, Run!
- XKCD says it best
- Writer’s Throwdown – Rip Steel: Charity Starts at Home
- Red Moon Rising
- Matilda Klein dances at 94
- Caine’s Arcade