Legend has it that the world’s biggest bible is the work of the Devil. The Codex Gigas (Giant Book), also known as the Devil’s Bible, is the largest medieval manuscript in the world. Housed at the Swedish National Library since the 17th century, it recently returned to the Czech Republic (it originated in a monastery in Bohemia) for display. The book contains an entire pre-Vulgate version of the Latin bible, as well as various other texts and illustrations, including calendars, medical formulas and local records. You can browse the complete Codex Gigas in high resolution here.
- If it sounds like writing
- Writer’s Throwdown: Two Birds, One Stone
- I wasn’t high! Ok, I probably was, but I wasn’t as high as I thought I was!
- Writer’s Throwdown: Enchanted
- Writer’s Throwdown: Run, Rabbit, Run!
- XKCD says it best
- Writer’s Throwdown – Rip Steel: Charity Starts at Home
- Red Moon Rising
- Matilda Klein dances at 94
- Caine’s Arcade