From Kim over at Desire to Inspire: I imagine this house may have developed from a crazy dream architect Robert Harvey Oshatz had one night. And for some lucky owner in Portland, Oregon this is their home….that FLOATS!!! The creativity one must have to come up with something like this is astounding. Here is the description on Oshatz’s website: “The Fennell residence, as a floating house, presented a unique opportunity for design. The imaginative use of curved glue lam beams evoke the poetry of the ripples and contours of a river. The expansive glass facade embraces the river and frames the sunset, and one accesses the deck via an expansive sliding glass door. A master bedroom sits over a study and looks out over the living dining area and out to the river beyond. The curvilinear forms create spacial differentiation that enhance the experience of time as light plays through the daily and seasonal changes.”
- If it sounds like writing
- Writer’s Throwdown: Two Birds, One Stone
- I wasn’t high! Ok, I probably was, but I wasn’t as high as I thought I was!
- Writer’s Throwdown: Enchanted
- Writer’s Throwdown: Run, Rabbit, Run!
- XKCD says it best
- Writer’s Throwdown – Rip Steel: Charity Starts at Home
- Red Moon Rising
- Matilda Klein dances at 94
- Caine’s Arcade